Thursday, June 11, 2015

Lava Proof Socks

When I was a little girl there was always a thousand percent chance if my feet hit the floor at night the carpet was definitely going to transform into molten lava. Or if one of my feet was outside my blanket, a troll or a monster or a demon was probably going to snatch me up and kidnap me. (This is serious, guys.. Not a drill) 

Let's just say it was VERY, extremely important to go pee BEFORE the lights were out and I had to be in bed. ((Think about it; would you risk lava and monsters?! Didn't. Think. So.)) 

I may or may not still believe this happens.... We'll never know ;) But the thing I came to realize, is that what we believe in shapes our thoughts and how we perceive the world. (I'm not talking about religion here, let's leave that out this time) 

I try to keep my little corner of the internet remotely upbeat. I'm a lover of all things human, mindful and heartfelt. Sometimes though, folks, life really knocks you on your ass....or into the lava under your bed in the dark. 

I'm a believer in second chances; they're my first favorite kind of chance. I'm a believer in forgiveness. I'm a believer in love. I'm a believer in happiness. 

I believe in dreams,
and I believe in demons. 

Each day and night I am faced with a choice: Do I feed my dreams, or do I feed my demons? 

Do I decide to feed my insecurities? To compare myself to the perfect girl? Or do I decide to be grateful for all that I am and all that I am becoming? 

Do I decide to feed that voice inside my head that tells me I'm not enough, or the one that tells me I am more than enough? 


My dreams are just as hungry as my demons. I just have to remember which ones to feed; make sure I'm feeding the right ones. 

Now I know I have a choice on whether to feed my dreams or my demons.... And THAT is what is going to shape my thoughts. 

You know what they say, if you want to change the world, start with your own thoughts. 

#feedyourdreams 
#starveyourdemons 
#wearlavaproofsocks

No comments:

Post a Comment