Friday, July 10, 2015

If I Died, this Blog Post Would Go Viral

Hear me out.

I’m not suicidal; by ANY stretch of the imagination. Sure, I need my boys Ben&Jerry to soothe my aching heart on occasion, but I love LIFE.

I’m right though. If I died today, my blog post would go viral.

It’s simple really; people don’t realize what they have until it’s gone. And once it’s gone, they romanticize it. Take any number of artists where their work was frowned upon and later discovered and admired.

Death (or the loss of something) does funny things to people. (Also does horribly unspeakable things to people which I'll save for a different post) Your last words become gospel. Your last words become engraved in the very souls that witnessed them.

Last words shouldn’t be what matters most. They shouldn’t be what replays in your mind over and over and what you find hidden meaning in. It should be all the words in-between that little dash on your gravestone. It’s not the two dates that matter, but the little dash in-between.


As much as I’d probably just die and go to heaven if my blog actually DID go viral, that’s not really the point of this article. It’s to celebrate, honor, and cherish the people and things in our life before we have to view them as a distant memory; before we have to say goodbye.

My blog post wouldn’t go viral because I have such enlightening, astounding things to say to change the world, but because of my loss of words. Now all the sudden the words I did say would hold so much weightbecause there wouldn’t be any more of them. They would have to hold their own weight in the world. They would have to be bold and brave and never get the opportunity to be defended by the author of such words.

We do this in life. We don’t cherish the things we have until we see them from goodbye.

So today make a decision….

Treat your life like it’s about to go ‘viral.’

Treat your words like they have to defend themselves in the world with no feedback from you.

Cherish the dash between the dates.


No comments:

Post a Comment